Saturday, May 26, 2012

Seeing Chihuly at Disney

Jumpin Jellyfish ride at Disney's California Adventure

Chihuly's Work



It's not just me right? You see it too? :)

I hope you're all enjoying your Memorial Day weekend!


We're hanging in our home turf now, but Thursday and Friday we finally cashed in my husband's prize for winning Employee of the Year......2-Day passes to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventures for the whole family. As a native Southern Californian, Disneyland has been a part of my upbringing. I remember the paper ticket booklets, making popular the "E-ticket" term. I have had the opportunity to visit Disney a number of times throughout my 44 years. My husband worked in a Anaheim Hotel just as stone's throw from Disney and would recount all the excited families ready for a day of magic. And even though we live about 15 miles away, on summer nights and weekends I know it's 9:35 pm when I hear the boom from the fireworks show.

So off we went in different directions, the teens hit the "Mountains" as in Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain Railroad. And my husband and I took our 10 year old to Fantasyland for some tamer fun more up her alley. (How can a child who made it through the entire movie of The Hunger Games be so terrified in the Alice in Wonderland and Snow White rides? :) ) Anyway, despite the crowds and long lines, I am grateful to have had the opportunity for some more memories at Disney.

6 comments:

  1. Ha! I see it too:)
    I am very jealous of your Disney adventures. I've never been, not even once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoyed reading your post! You're making me excited of my Disney trip this Christmas. Can't wait to see Disney World for real. My kids are excited as well as my husband to ride in Disney cruise too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS ON EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR! I'm sure the kids were more excited then he was with the reward:) Scared of ALICE! I just got the book the hunger games for a brain break! I hope it's good. If your 10 year old was even a little scared I'll probably be terrified, stay up all night and read it.

    Haven't been there in YEARS! I wonder what other new rides are there! I only went to Disneyland 1 time! BUT I remember looking forward to the ALice ride! She's my fave. The tea cups at Disneyworld are cool but not the same! My father is/was a Disney addict. He brought us well over 20 times in twenty years. To give you an idea, when I was 5 years old we stayed for a month in Fort Wilderness!! I always dreamed of going somewhere besides Disney, when I told him this he said, "We can go to Epcot, they have ALL the countries there." He has since remarried and continues the tradition! God bless him! I'm just glad I don't have to go:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You have me beat Erica. That's hilarious!

      Delete
  4. I was there about 8 years ago, and I can vividly remember Soaring over California. I felt like I was flying and I never wanted it to end! The "scent-sation" part was amazing! Smelling the orange groves as you were "flying" over them was heavenly. Your husband won a great gift for the whole family. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, interesting you should mention that. Soaring over California was going to be the grand finale of our Disney adventure. After waiting in line well over an hour, our group was next to ride....and it broke down! They offered passes to return to the ride, but it was late in the pm and time to go. Bummer! I've only been on that ride once, but loved it! Well I suppose it's an excuse to return. :)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!