Monday, March 29, 2010

Big Fat Hens




































































Patty at Deep Space Sparkle posted this art lesson a little while ago. I decided to try it out with my kindergarteners. After the clouds of chalk dust cleared, I was left with some pretty adorable hens. Since few of my students had ever used chalk pastel, I think it was a great opportunity for them to get the feel of this medium. The hens themsleves were first drawn in permanent marker and then the details colored in hard with oil pastels. Lastly, I told the children to use a light touch when using the side of the pastel rather than the tip to add color to the background. Despite my direction in choosing just one finger to blend the pastel with a circular motion, I was left with a lot of brightly colored hands. But what fun they had!













No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback!