Sunday, November 8, 2009

"Test Driving" Art Projects































I'm constantly "test driving" art projects and ideas for my classes. I have boxes and shelves of ideas that have either been put on the back burner or need to be tweaked. These are just a few that I have worked on lately. I am dying to do an art lesson based on the wonderful"Gee's Bend Quilts" of Alabama. I just learned about these amazing works af art made by descendants of slaves from Miss Tabarcea's blog. I like to browse Flickr for ideas. The tissue townscape and the "Hundertwasser"-like tree were both found there. Finally, I would like to introduce my 5th graders to Pop Artist, Keith Haring. I think they would really respond to the story of him using the empty poster space in the subways of New York to do his very graphic people. You may see some of these ideas put to use soon!




1 comment:

  1. I saw the Gee's Bend Quilts when they toured in San Francisco a few years ago. I am grateful to the friend that knew the history and brought me along. Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!