Saturday, September 5, 2009

FUN WITH ABSTRACT




I have a rejuvinated excitement about Kandinsky. He created Squares with Concentric Circles 100 years ago this year!! I explained the significance of his work as one of the first abstract artists to my young art students. I explained abstract art began after the camera was invented and could replace the portrait work of many artists. Now art was about things other than the world we observed. The Kandinsky inspired piece is a group work in progress. I asked each child in my Kindergarten and 1st garde class to create 1 square of circles using some colors they love. I can't wait to frame this piece when it is full. The other abstract piece was created by my daughter using different geometric shapes that were traced and painted in a unique composition. I'm loving this one as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback!